Recipe:Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Tangerine Glaze
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Known to be the most flavorful part of the chicken, this recipe proves drumsticks aren't just for kids!
Serves 4 .
Antibiotic Free Chicken Drumsticks, thawed2.5 lbs$4.55Add to Basket
Spicy Mojo Seasoning1 bottleQty 1 tsp.$4.98Add to Basket
Granulated Garlic1 bottleQty 1 tsp.$3.98Add to Basket
Qty 2 Tbsp.
Canola OilQty 2 Tbsp.Add to Basket
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns1 bottleQty to taste$5.78
Tangerine or Orange Juice
Dried Mandarins or Tangerines for Garnish
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Place in a glass bowl. Add Spicy Mojo Seasoning, Granulated Garlic, juice, soy sauce, canola oil, salt and pepper. Marinate for at least 15 minutes. (Marinating longer will increase flavor).
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking pan with cooking oil spray and place drumsticks in one layer. Do not crowd in pan. Discard leftover marinade in bowl.
- Roast drumsticks for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350°F and continue roasting while preparing glaze.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the marmalade, juice, rice vinegary, soy sauce, and honey. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pull the chicken out of oven and using a brush, baste with glaze mixture. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Repeat basting the chicken with the remaining mixture. Return to the oven and bake for 10 additional minutes.*
Serve with Dried Mandarins, or any dried citrus, as garnish.
*USDA recommends cooking poultry to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.