Recipe:Standing Rib Roastwith Garlic, Rosemary
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 - 3.5 hours
The crown jewel of the holiday meal certainly holds up on its own. Season it with garlic, rosemary, and our tri-colored peppercorn rub to bring out the roast's best side: its exquisite taste and texture, not to mention its beauty! Serves 8-10 - .
Black Angus Beef Prime Rib Roast, thawed1Qty 1$69.86
Demi-glace with Truffle Essence1Qty 1$4.48
Fresh Rosemary, for garnishQty
Garlic, Rosemary and Peppercorn RubQty
Granulated Garlic1Qty 1 Tbsp.$3.98
Coarse Sea Salt1Qty 2 Tbsp.$5.38
Freshly Ground Tri-Colored Peppercorns, coarsely crushed1Qty 1 Tbsp.$5.78
Chopped Rosemary1Qty 1 Tbsp.$3.98
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Adjust rack to lower middle position.
- Line a sturdy roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack inside the pan.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, salt, peppercorns and rosemary.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the beef roast. Make criss-cross pattern on fat cap with the point of a paring knife making sure not to reach the meat.
- Season roast with dry rub. Place on top of the rack inside the roasting pan and place in the oven for 3 to 3.5 hours or until meat registers 120-125°F for medium-rare. Cover with foil and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a small saucepan, heat the Truffle Demi-Glace over medium heat, and serve with roast.
- Decorate with fresh rosemary. Serve with Truffle Demi-Glace. *USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.