Recipe:Slow Cooked Salmonwith Meyer Lemon Relish
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Perfectly balanced hearty salmon fillets like these need little dressing, but you'll manage to surprise yourself with this Meyer lemon relish that adds the perfect amount of citrus to make this fish even more luxurious. Serves 4 - .
Skin-On Atlantic Salmon Fillets, thawed1.0 LBQty 4 Fillets$8.58
Extra Virgin Olive OilQty
Himalayan Pink Salt1 bottleQty To taste$6.48
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns, to taste1 bottleQty$5.78
Meyer Lemon Relish:Qty
Meyer LemonQty 1
Champagne VinegarQty 1 Tbsp.
Olive OilQty ¼ Cup
Fresh ParsleyQty 2 Tbsp.
Coarse Sea Salt1 bottleQty To taste$5.38
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns1 bottleQty To taste$5.78
Shallot, mincedQty 1
- Preheat oven to 200 F. Fill a baking pan halfway with water and place on the lowest level rack of the oven.
- Oil a small sheet pan, place salmon fillets and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Fish should be opaque in color and internal temperature should reach 130°F.*
- Prepare the Meyer Lemon Relish. Place shallots with the vinegar in a small bowl.
- Wash and cut the lemon in half. Remove the seeds and finely chop the entire Meyer lemon, including the rind.
- Add lemon to shallots. Mix in the olive oil, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon with lemon relish on the side.
*USDA recommends cooking fish and shellfish to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.