Recipe:Shawarma Style Chicken Breast Strips
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Bring a taste of the Middle East to your home with our Chicken Shawarma. Infused with rich, aromatic spices and topped off with a garlic sauce, this is a meal you won't soon forget. Serves 2 - .
Antibiotic Free Chicken Breast Strips, thawed2.5 lbs.Qty 1 lbs.$9.95
Ground CorianderQty 2 Tbsp.
AllspiceQty 1 Tbsp.
Ground CinnamonQty 1 Tbsp.
Ground CuminQty 1 Tbsp.
Ground GingerQty ½ Tbsp.
Ground TurmericQty ½ Tbsp.
Black Peppercorns, Freshly Ground1 bottleQty ½ Tbsp.$5.78
Ground Cayenne PepperQty ½ Tbsp.
For the Garlic Sauce:Qty
Garlic Cloves, PeeledQty ½ Cup
Coarse Sea Salt1 bottleQty ½ tsp$5.38
Vegetable OilQty 2 Cups
Juice of 1 LemonQty
Freshly Ground Black PeppercornsQty To taste
- For Garlic Sauce:
- Add garlic and coarse sea salt to food processor. Add freshly ground black peppercorns to taste.
- Pulse until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides and process entire amount.
- Turn food processor and slowly add 1 Cup vegetable oil.
- Slowly add the lemon juice.
- Add remaining 1 Cup vegetable oil. Sauce should be thick and fluffy. Reserve in container until time to serve.
- For Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all spices and stir well to create Shawarma spice. Reserve in sealed container.
- Place chicken strips in a bowl. Season with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and Shawarma spice. Stir well.
- Transfer chicken to roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.*
- Serve with garlic sauce. *USDA recommends cooking poultry to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.