Recipe:Shawarma Style Chicken Breast Strips
- 55 minutes
Serves 2 - 4.
Boneless Chicken Breast Strips2.5 lbsQty 1 lbs$9.95Add to Basket
CorianderQty 2 Tbsp.Add to Basket
Black Peppercorns1Qty ½ Tbsp.$5.78Add to Basket
Garlic Cloves, PeeledQty ½ CupAdd to Basket
Coarse Sea Salt1Qty ½ tsp.$5.38Add to Basket
Vegetable OilQty 2 CupsAdd to Basket
Lemon JuiceQty 1 lemonAdd to Basket
QtyAdd to Basket
- For Garlic Sauce: Add garlic and coarse sea salt to food processor. Add freshly ground black peppercorns to taste.
- Pulse until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides and process entire amount.
- Turn food processor and slowly add 1 Cup vegetable oil.
- Slowly add the lemon juice.
- Add remaining 1 Cup vegetable oil. Sauce should be thick and fluffy.
- Reserve in container until time to serve.
- For Chicken: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all spices and stir well to create Shawarma spice. Reserve in sealed container
- Place chicken strips in a bowl. Season with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and Shawarma spice. Stir well.
- Transfer chicken to roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with garlic sauce. *USDA recommends cooking poultry to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F