Recipe:Seasoned Beer Can Chicken
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Serves 4 - 6.
Wood chips, soaked in waterQty 2 CUPS
Beer CanQty 1 (12 OZ)
Aluminum foil, heavy dutyQty
- Open beer can and empty-out 1/4 of beer. Poke some additional holes on the top of can.
- Using a tip of a knife, pierce the skin of the chicken. Stand chicken over beer can sliding the cavity into the beer can. Drumsticks should be completely over can. Set aside while preparing fire on the grill.
- Make several packets of soaked wood chips by wrapping them in aluminum foil. (Make sure you do not pierce the bottom of the packet with the chips).
- Make several slits at the top to allow some smoke to escape during grilling.
- Place packet on a side of grill grate, cover and turn grill on high for about 10 minutes. Lower fire to medium or 340 F.
- Place the chicken on beer can on the grates of the hot grill. Cover and allow to slowly cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 ½ hours.
- Using hot pads, gently remove the chicken and beer can from the grill making sure beer can is upright! Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.