Recipe:Roasted Top Round Roastwith Herbes de Provence
- 4 hours 15 minutes
Patience pays off with this recipe. A simple seasoning rub is all it takes to boost the natural flavors of this lean roast. Serves 4 - 8.
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Season Top Round Roast with extra virgin olive oil, WFF Coarse Sea Salt and freshly ground WFF Black Peppercorns.
- Mix WFF House Steak Rub and WFF Herbes de Provence and press into roast on all sides.
- Preheat pan over medium high heat.
- Coat pan with vegetable oil.
- Heat until oil is almost smoking.
- Add roast to pan, laying it away from you to avoid splashing oil.
- Sear roast in medium sauté pan until browned on all sides.
- Transfer roast to sheet pan or baking dish
- Roast until internal temperature of 135°F for medium-rare, or 145°F for medium and remove from oven.
- Cover with aluminum foil and rest for 15 minutes. Slice and serve. *USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F