Recipe:Pork Belly Strips with Smoked Rub
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
Pork belly enjoys celebrity in restaurants across the country, and in your home too, with this recipe. Smoked rub helps hit all the rights notes and brings out the best flavors. Serves 4 - .
SKIN-ON PORK BELLY STRIPS, thawed1.5 lbsQty 2 lbs5.67
Smoked PaprikaQty 1 tsp.
Brown SugarQty 2 Tbsp.
Granulated Garlic1 bottleQty 1/2 Tbsp.$3.98
Applewood Smoked Salt1 bottleQty 1 Tbsp.$4.98
Smoked Pecan Rub1 bottleQty ½ Tbsp.$4.98
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork belly strips lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients of rub and season the pork belly strips.
- Cover the seasoned pork belly strips with aluminum foil and place in a small iron skillet or baking pan.
- Place in the center of the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours. Uncover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven on broil and place the pork belly on the highest rack and broil for 5 minutes or until crispy. *USDA recommends cooking pork to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F