Recipe:Pan Seared Blackened Swordfishwith Tomatoes and Lemon
- 15 minutes
Looking for a quick but satisfying meal? Tomatoes and lemon partner with swordfish, meaty and flavorful, to bring you this delicious weeknight dinner. Serves 2 - 4.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle each fillet with 1 Tbsp Blackening Spice, and press spice into the fish.
- Preheat sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Coat bottom of pan with vegetable oil.
- Heat until oil is almost smoking.
- Add fillets to pan, laying them away from you to avoid splashing oil.
- Cook for 1.5 minutes or until edges begin to brown, then flip fish.
- Cook for 1 minute more and remove pan to oven.
- Roast for 3 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.* *USDA recommends cooking fish and shellfish to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F
- Remove fish from pan and dress with lemon juice and chopped tomatoes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil