Recipe:Pan-Seared Bison Rib Eye Steak
with Balsamic-Warm Sprout and Green Apple Slaw
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves 2 - 3.
0.5 LBQty 2$12.98
ButterQty 3 TBSP
Balsamic VinegarQty 1/4 CUP
Red cabbage, shreddedQty 1/2 CUP
Brussel Sprouts, shreddedQty 2 CUPS
Green Apple, cut in thin stripsQty 1
White Onion, thinly slicedQty 1/4
Walnuts, coarsely choppedQty 1/4 CUP
Salt and Pepper to tasteQty
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet on medium high. Add the steaks and sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature is at 120 F. Remove from pan and cover with foil.
- Add balsamic to pan and let reduce by half. Stir in butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until wilted. Add mushrooms, apples, red cabbage and sprouts and stir fry with the onion for 1-2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Add walnuts.
- To serve: Serve slaw with sliced steak and balsamic butter glaze drizzled over side of steak.