Recipe:New England Cod with Lobster Bisque Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cook Time: 25 minutes.
Total Time: 35 minutes.
Lean, sweet, and quick to cook, cod takes well to sauces, especially our Seafood Sauce.
Cod Fillets, thawed0.38 LBQty 2 fillets$3.64
Lobster Meat, thawedQty 1/2 lbs.
Seafood Sauce, thawed0.75 LBQty 1$4.48
Light Olive Oil or ButterQty To taste
Lemon Juice and ZestQty 1
Splash of Sherry Wine, optionalQty
Frozen Asparagus Spears, thawedQty 1 package
Coarse Sea Salt, to taste0.37 LBQty 1$5.38
Black Peppercorns, to taste0.37 LBQty 1$5.78
Fresh Parsley for garnish
For the Cod and Lobster:
4. Heat the Seafood Sauce over medium heat, stirring often.
- Place cod fillets on a plate lined with paper towel and pat dry. Repeat with the lobster meat on a separate plate. Season both with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil or butter in a 10” frying pan over medium heat. Add cod fillets and cook on both sides until slightly golden, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Squeeze some lemon juice on top.
- In a separate pan, heat some olive oil over medium high heat and quickly stir-fry the lobster meat. Cook until opaque.
For the Asparagus Spears:
5. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add frozen asparagus, season with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir constantly for 2-3 minutes and serve on the side.
6. Place cod on a plate, add lobster meat, drizzle sauce and serve with asparagus spears on the side.
*USDA recommends cooking fish and shellfish to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F