Recipe:Madagascar New York Strip Steak
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Feauturing one of our most delicious cuts of beef, this New York Strip Steak paired with Madagascar sauce truly lives up to its emperor namesake. Serves 4 - .
Beef New York Strip Steak, thawed1.25 lbsQty 1 ½ lbs$9.98
Light Olive OilQty 1 Tbsp.
Himalayan Pink SaltQty To taste
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns1 bottleQty To taste$5.78
Green Peppercorns, crushedQty 1 Tbsp.
Butter, unsaltedQty 2 Tbsp.
SherryQty ¼ Cup
Beef Stock or ConsomméQty ½ Cup
Heavy CreamQty ¼ Cup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet with olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sear the steaks on both sides for approximately 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer the skillet to oven and roast for 4 minutes or until the internal temperature is 125°F -130°F* for medium rare.*
- Combine butter, green peppercorns, sherry, stock and heavy cream in a sauce pan and simmer until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Keep warm.
- Serve steaks with sauce on the side.
*USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.