Recipe:Inside Skirt Steak with Roasted Tomatillo Dip
- 25 minutes
Enjoy a home-cooked Mexican dinner that will make you remember the best carnitas tortillas you have ever had, but at the comfort of your own kitchen. Serves 2 - 4.
Beef Inside Skirt SteakQty 1
1/2 Cup Vegetable OilQty 1/4 cup
1 Tbsp. Spanish Chorizo Seasoning0.36 LBQty 1 Tbsp.$4.98
Fresh White Corn TortillasQty 6
4 Green Tomatillos, washed and husk removedQty 2
1 Fresh Hot Chili PepperQty 1/2
1 Garlic CloveQty 1/2
Juice of 2 limesQty 1
2 Cubes of Frozen Cilantro or ¼ cup Fresh Whole Cilantro LeavesQty 1/4 Cup
Butcher’s Salt & Pepper, to taste0.37 LBQty 1 Tbsp$3.98
For Roasted Tomatillo Sauce:
- Turn on grill to medium high. Coat tomatillos and chili pepper with oil and place on the grill, turning frequently to slightly char skin but remain firm, around 2-3 minutes. Remove from grill, place in a blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season Inside Skirt Steaks with oil, pork seasoning, cumin, granulated garlic and salt.
- Place Inside Skirt Steaks on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.*
- While steak is cooking, wrap 4-6 tortillas (stacked) in aluminum foil and place on grill to heat.
- Transfer skirt steak to a platter, slice across the grain in strips and serve with warm tortillas, Roasted Tomatillo Sauce and your favorite Mexican Tomato Salsa.
*USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.