Recipe:Hasselback Potatoes and Applewood Bacon Gratin
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 min
Tired of mashed potatoes? Hasselback potatoes offer equal parts crisp and creaminess, and in an applewood bacon gratin, a bit of crunch, too! Savor all the textures (and flavors!) this gorgeous dish has to offer. Serves - .
Yukon Gold Potatoes, mediumQty 4 Lbs.
½ Cup Olive OilQty ½ Cup
Heavy creamQty 2 Cups
MilkQty 1 Cup
FROZEN GARLIC - DOROT1Qty 2$2.28
APPLEWOOD BACON STEAK1Qty 4-8 slices$8.98
Whole Grain MustardQty 3 Tbsp.
Asiago Cheese, finely gratedQty ½ Cup
Coarse Sea Salt1Qty 1 Tbsp.$5.38
Black Peppercorns1Qty To taste$5.78
- In a medium sauce pan, simmer the heavy cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Sauté bacon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel and cut in small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and peel potatoes.
- Using a sharp knife, fan potatoes by cutting slits ¼” apart and all the way down from top to bottom and keeping its original shape.
- Brush a 6-8 quart baking dish with olive oil. Neatly arrange the sliced potatoes in the dish keeping them standing upwards. Using a ladle, coat the potatoes with simmered cream. Brush tops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle bacon and Asiago Cheese and continue baking for 30- 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top of gratin is golden.