Recipe:Hanger Steakwith Oregano Butter
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
An elevated take on steak frite with oregano butter to bring the hanger steak's best flavors to the fore, and sweet potato fries for a lovely balance of sweet and savory. Serves 2 - .
BLACK ANGUS BEEF HANGER STEAK, thawed1.5 lbsQty 1.5 lbs.$13.47
Olive OilQty 1 Tbsp.
Salted Butter, softenedQty 2 Tbsp.
Chopped Fresh OreganoQty 1 Tbsp.
SWEET POTATOES CRINKLE FRIES - MCCAIN1.19 lbsQty 1 Lbs$3.23
Coarse Sea SaltQty To taste
Freshly Ground Black PeppercornsQty To taste
- Prepare Sweet Potato Fries according to instructions on package. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl mix the oregano and butter together. Keep at room temperature.
- Pat steaks dry; season generously with coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. When oil starts to smoke, add steaks and sear for 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 125 °F-130°F for medium-rare.* Remove from pan, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steaks into ¾” slices and place some oregano butter on top. Serve with sweet potato fries seasoned with coarse sea salt or flakes.
*USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.