Recipe:Grilled Veal Loin Chopswith Pistachio-Basil Pesto
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
We're honoring the simple perfection of veal loin chops and adding some Italian flavors, with charred Roma tomatoes and a pistachio-basil pesto for a little sweet tanginess on top. Serves 2 - .
BONE-IN VEAL LOIN CHOPS, thawed1.25 LBQty 1.25 LB$14.98
Light Olive OilQty 2 Tbsp.
Fresh ThymeQty 4 sprigs
Coarse Sea Salt1 bottleQty To taste$5.38
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns1 bottleQty To taste$5.78
Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine Pistachio-Basil Pesto:Qty
Shelled Pistachios, unsaltedQty ½ Cup
Fresh Basil, coarsely choppedQty ¼ Cup
Lemon zestQty ½ tsp.
Parmesan Cheese, gratedQty 1/2 Cup
Garlic CloveQty 1/2 Clove
Olive OilQty 1/2 Cup
- Prepare Pesto. Place pistachios, basil, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. While motor running, pour olive oil in a thin stream until blended. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Season chops with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle whole Roma tomatoes with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chops 3-4 minutes on each side or until instant read thermometer reads 130°F for medium-rare. Remove from grill, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.*
- Place an iron skillet on the grill, drizzle with olive oil and when hot, place cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and serve when slightly cooked.
- Serve veal chops with pistachio pesto and cherry tomatoes on the side.
*USDA recommends cooking veal to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.