Recipe:Grilled Santa Maria Tri-Tipwith Horseradish
- 2 hours
The Horseradish spicy tones elevate the juicy flavors of our Black Angus Tri-Tip. Serves 4 - 8.
Black Angus Tri Tip2.25 LBQty 1$14.58Add to Basket
Santa Maria SpiceQty 3 Tbsp.Add to Basket
Prepared Horseradish, to taste
Light Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
Coarse Sea Salt, to taste0.41 LBQty 1$5.38Add to Basket
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns, to taste0.2 LBQty 1$5.78Add to Basket
For Santa Maria Spice:
Coarse Sea Salt0.41 LBQty 4 Tbsp.$5.38Add to Basket
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns0.2 LBQty 2 Tbsp.$5.78Add to Basket
Granulated Garlic0.33 LbQty 3 Tbsp.$3.98Add to Basket
Dried ParsleyQty 2 Tbsp.Add to Basket
Brown SugarQty 1 Tbsp.Add to Basket
- Combine Santa Maria Spice ingredients and stir.
- Pat tri-tip dry with paper towel.
- Very lightly brush tri-tip with oil.
- Season liberally with Santa Maria Spice. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to rest for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Allow the ti-tip to come to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to medium high, about 375-425°F.
- Place Tri-Tip fat side up on grill and grill, with lid down, for 14-17 minutes.
- Flip the roast and grill for another 15 minutes, with the lid down. At this point, reduce the grill heat to medium.
- Cook Tri-Tip until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare, 145°F for medium.*
- Remove Tri-Tip from grill and cover with aluminum foil to rest.
- Slice Tri--Tip against the grain and serve with Coarse Sea Salt, freshly ground Black Peppercorns, and horseradish. *USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F