- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
Whether it's date night or you're looking to impress dinner guests, serve this pan-seared foie gras with caramelized pears and a Riesling reducation as an indulgent starter to an elegant meal. Serves 2 - .
0.13 LBQty 2$10.98
HoneyQty 2 TBSP
Apple Cider VinegarQty 2 TBSP
Riesling WineQty ¼ CUP
Baby FriseeQty 1 SMALL BUNCH
Beet sprouts or any other colored microgreenQty 1 SMALL BUNCH
Extra Virgin Olive OilQty 2 TBSP
nut oil (e.g. walnut, hazelnut or grapeseed)Qty 1 TSP
country bread toast, on the sideQty 2 SLICES
- Carefully remove foie gras from package and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large 10” skillet over high heat. (NO OIL is required). Place foie gras in hot skillet and cook for 1 minute on each side, searing until golden. Remove from pan and place in a platter with paper towel.
- In the same skillet with the rendered fat, sauté the sliced pear over medium high heat for 30 seconds per side until slightly caramelized. Remove from heat and keep with foie gras.
- In the same skillet over high heat, add the apple cider vinegar and Riesling and reduce for 30 seconds. Add the honey and thicken for 1 minute. Stir with a whisk and remove from heat.
- To serve, toss the greens with olive and walnut oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on plates. Place pears and foie gras on the side and spoon some gastrique over foie gras.