Recipe:Dusted Cowboy Ribeye Steakwith Chipotle Crema
and Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Not for the faint of heart but definitely for the adventurous! Our bone-in Cowboy Ribeye steak, served with grilled sweet potates and Chipotle crema is a delicious, hearty, and flavorful meal fit for a true carnivore. Serves 2 - .
PRIME BLACK ANGUS BONE-IN BEEF COWBOY STEAK, thawed2.25 LBQty 2.25 LB$33.68
Light Olive OilQty 2 Tbsp.
Bad-to-the Bone Pork Seasoning1 bottleQty To taste$4.98
Coarse Sea Salt1 bottleQty To taste$5.38
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns1 bottleQty To taste$5.78
Whole Sweet PotatoesQty 2
Olive OilQty To taste
Chipotle Pepper in Adobo (canned)Qty 1
HoneyQty To taste
Mexican Crema or Sour CreamQty 6 fl. oz.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1” thick rounds. Boil the sweet potato rounds until slightly tender but firm. Drain and place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside to finish on the grill when steak is cooking.
- Using a blender or food processor, mix together the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce with sour cream or Mexican crema, until smooth. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Generously season steak on both sides with Bad-to the Bone Seasoning, salt and pepper. Place on the grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, turning once steak is slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, drizzle sweet potatoes with olive oil and place on the grill with the steaks. Turn the sweet potatoes often for even cooking; season with salt and pepper and continue cooking until tender. Drizzle sweet potatoes with honey and place on a platter
- Once steak are nicely seared on both sides, lower the temperature of grill and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until an instant read thermometer, inserted in the center of the thickest part of the steak, reads 125°F for medium-rare, 130°F for medium, 140°F for well done.*
- Remove from grill, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve with Grilled Sweet Potatoes and Chipotle Crema on the side.
*USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.