Recipe:Coriander Crusted Tuna with Citrus Ginger Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
A light coriander crust compliments the fish and pairs nicely with a zing from the citrus ginger sauce, proving that despite it's popularity on restaurant menus, Tuna is actually simple to cook at home! Serves - .
Skinless Yellowfin Tuna Steaks, thawed1.5 lbsQty 2 Steaks$11.97
Ground CorianderQty 2 Tbsp.
Cilantro, Leaves Picked and Stored in WaterQty ½ Bunch
Thinly Sliced Green OnionsQty 1 tsp.
Light Extra Virgin Olive OilQty To taste
Coarse Sea Salt1 bottleQty To taste$5.38
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns1 bottleQty To taste$5.78
For Citrus Ginger Sauce:Qty
Chopped GingerQty 2 Tbsp.
Chopped GarlicQty 1 Tbsp.
HoneyQty 1 Tbsp.
Soy Sauce, Low SodiumQty 1 Tbsp.
Orange juiceQty ½ Cup
Lime juiceQty 2 limes
- Combine all ingredients for Citrus Ginger Sauce. Mix well and reserve.
- Season all sides with coarse sea salt and black peppercorns.
- Coat all sides of the tuna in coriander, by rolling in coriander on a plate or shallow baking dish.
- In pan over medium high heat, add oil to coat bottom and heat until almost smoking.
- Add tuna and sear on first side for 90 seconds.
- Turn and sear for an additional minute.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook for one minute, remove tuna.*
- Reduce sauce by ½, or until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Slice and serve tuna, spooning sauce over top and garnishing with chopped scallions and cilantro. *USDA recommends cooking fish and shellfish to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.