Recipe:Chicken Leg Quarterswith Olives and Kale
- 1 hour 20 minutes
This one pan meal is as easy to throw together as it is to clean up. With chicken and kale as the feature ingredients, it's as nutritious as it is tasty. Serves 4 - 8.
Bone-In Skin-On Chicken Leg QuartersQty 4Add to Basket
Bunches of Kale
Cloves Garlic, peeled and crushedQty 8Add to Basket
Anaheim Peppers or Red Peppers
Lemons, cut into round slicesQty 1 ½Add to Basket
Juice of LemonQty ½Add to Basket
Small Red Onion, peeled and rough choppedQty 1Add to Basket
Baby TomatoesQty 1 CupAdd to Basket
Kalamata Olives, pitted and halvedQty ½ CupAdd to Basket
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- In a large roasting pan, combine kale, garlic, peppers, lemon slices, red onion, and baby tomatoes.
- Add olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste. Mix Well.
- Season chicken on all sides with olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground black peppercorns and granulated garlic.
- Cover kale mixture with a single layer of chicken, skin side up. They should be touching but not overlapping. Ideally, the chicken covers the whole top of the kale mixture.
- Add olives between each piece of chicken. Strip rosemary and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is firm and internal temperature is at least 165°F.* *USDA recommends cooking poultry to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F
- If skin is not crispy, brush with olive oil and broil until crispy.
- Squeeze lemon over top and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Serve chicken over kale mixture, spooning pan juices over top.